I got the call last-last Tuesday evening, while we were packing for Solvang, and the district wanted to know if I could start the next day - but we were out of town! So I started Monday, met my students and got teaching last Tuesday! The first day was rough, but it's progressively been getting better. The kiddos are still getting used to me, and I'm trying to set up the procedures in class.
By the end of the week, I was very pleased with how the room looks. Here's a glimpse into room A8...
This is how it looks from right inside the door:
This is our carpet area:
Here's our calendar/math wall:
A shot from the other side of the room:
I appreciate your prayers for myself and for the students, that in the next 12 weeks, we can establish a community of learners and promote literacy and math skills! It's essential that I get it going ASAP because once Baby comes, I'm out of the classroom until the year ends!
No comments:
Post a Comment