Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 31, 2014

JasperU is One!

Oh my how time has flown by!

It seems just yesterday that he was born right in our bedroom in Hampton, at Pop-Pop's house!  And now he is a standin', dancin', talkin' toddler.  We celebrated this sweet boy in a really simple way, as opposed to Miles' big party we threw in 2012.  I'm sure Jasper would have enjoyed it either way, but I discovered this year that I am not really the party-throwing type.  This sort of surprised me, but it turns out, I love attending large events, but not hosting them.

So here is how we honored our one-year-old:

Thursday, August 7, 2014

We woke up at the normal time, around 7:30, and hung out in our jammies.  I had the ingredients for Jasper's favorite breakfast:  pancakes!  Oh, and blueberries!  I thought I would make a cute smiley face blueberry pancake for Jas (see my failed attempt below)... and it turned out okay, the second time.

Miles mixed the batter

... very carefully!

This scary fella went into the trash.

"Momma, why are you taking pictures?
I want to eat that!"

After cleaning up, we got ready and took a walk to Mellow Mushroom pizza for lunch.  It was so tasty!  We shared pretzels and pizza.  Delicious!!


Playing in the boys' room
(Miles is so intense!)

After James got off of work, he got changed, and we went to dinner at O'Charley's.  It was low key, and just right!  Jas got a complimentary scoop of ice cream from our animated server, and he tried to eat it himself.  Whenever I tried to help him, he hollered at me because he didn't want to give his spoon away.  Seriously, don't get between this boy and his dessert!

"Okay, I've got this..."

"... no really, Momma, it's good."

"I'm a big boy, you know."

"Oh, I like ice cream."

"Quit taking pictures and let me eat this."
(Miles' hand is the skilled one in the foreground)

Jasper got lots of cards from lovely peeps all week, starting with Nona, then from Grandpa, and Tita Michelle!
 "Oh, it's postmarked 'San Bernardino'!"

Birthday cards on display

That Weekend
we took it easy, playing at home, and running a few errands...

Miles on his trike at home

Steering through the Home Depot

Miles found repose in the carpet display
... seriously, he did not want to leave.

Chick-fil-a play

Sunday, August 10

... we celebrated with everyone in Newnan, after church.  They had just gotten back from their vacation in Florida, and had a couple of days to decompress before having us over!  It was the perfect celebration!!
Handsome gentleman baby,
ready for CrossPointe Kids!

Beautiful cake from G'pa Dave & Ammy
- we love Elmo & Abby! -

Jas' "smash cake" 

"Wait, I'm allowed to just eat this?"


smashed it.

Happy birthday, Jasper Ulysses!  We love you, one-year-old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment