Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Onward!

I am thirty-two years old.

And I am a resident of Peachtree City, GA.

Well, almost.

*  *  *  *  *

Seriously, I feel like I have been waiting for God to rescind His directive for us to settle here, even though last spring, I took a leadership position that would begin in the fall, James has taken a wonderful ministry position at our church, not to mention the fact that we have been here for one year, one month, and nineteen days.

I think the thing I was waiting for was having a place of our own.  And if you had told me, one year, one month, and nineteen days ago,
"Marilyn, you are going to leave your lovely home, all of your family, and network of close, amazing friends to live in a tiny apartment in PTC… oh, and I mean TINY."
I would have told you that you're insane.  But the last year has been a time of very intense spiritual personal training with the Holy Spirit Himself!  If we had not spent this time living with family - sharing physical space with established families who have their own routines, ways of relating, and personal opinions - I can say with confidence that a two-bedroom, 1 1/2 bath apartment that has less total square footage than my 1bdr/1bath apartment back in MoVal would not have really excited me.

But
oh
my
GOSH!

I am absolutely thrilled to have a space to call our own, decorate the way we want, and everything!  Don't get me wrong, our family has truly been a joy.  I cherish the fact that my boys are growing up with their grandparents, auntie and uncles, and cousins on this side of the family.  I remember longing for Miles to be able to not only meet, but spend time with each and every one of them.  And here we are!  Plus, there have been so many hands to help with the boys every day.  The thing I treasure the most has been getting to know my in-laws.  In the 14 years I have known James, I never really got a chance to get to know his family because they lived out here the entire time we were dating/married!  Being in such close proximity has all but forced us to get to know one another!  Honestly, if I was able to have a place of my own, I probably wouldn't have carved out the time to get to know all of our fam out here… or it certainly would have taken much longer!

And so it is with much excitement that I can say we will have an apartment all to ourselves in less than a week!  I am overwhelmed by the way that God has confirmed our move and the path that we are on.  We have folks generously helping us fully furnish the place, we have another family allowing us to use their golf cart once we get there.

*  *  *  *  *
I am notorious for losing my books.
:(

Hi. I liked my hair in this one.

Family photo shoot
credit: Mike Nelson

Bubbas.

July 4th Parade in PTC

Fireworks in Newnan 

Scotty! 

Sweet, sweet Livvi

 Drive in movie night
for Caleb's birthday!

Some of my fave kiddos!

 Dinner at the pond

Mural at the Chinese takeout place

Card from my Mommy! 

We were making Jazz' face

Splash pad/park playdate with SO many little ones!!



More About Miles:
  • He is notorious for talking incessantly when he knows he's tired, until he finally gives up:
    • "'Member we went to Dinnyland, and went to Mit-ter Toad, in da car.  It was Dada, and Momma, and Miles.  Dere were like, TEN PEOPLE!"  Then he just laid his head down and fell asleep.
  • Current film favorite:  Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
  • Current favorite book:  The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
  • Miles is convinced that the Cat in the Hat is named "by Dr. Seuss."  He said, "I want to be By Dr. Seuss for Halloween."  (I'm already brainstorming!)




Ready to race!
(Always)

We need to find the cartridges for the viewfinder!

Buddies 

So serious

"The clouds look soft, Momma."

Pow!

Jungle in the Mungle

Be still my heart!
Sleepy boy.


Jasper Bo Basper:
  • Most of the pictures I take of him are when he's eating.  Because he never stops eating.
  • He really wants to walk - he has stood for a few seconds on his own
  • Good grief, this boy is LOUD!  He will play this game with you where you yell, "AAAAH!" and he will yell it right back at you, "AAAAH!"  Hours of fun.
  • He woke up the other day, and didn't cry, but just sat in his crib talking.  "Dada.  Mama.  Dada.  Bubba."
  • He is still napping twice a day, for a few hours at a time.  But when he is SO tired, he will arch his back and throw his head back, forcing you to perform baby Cirque du Soleil!
  • He's a flexible little baby - we play "I have two feet" and he brings his feet all the way up by his face!
  • Jasper is definitely my lil music man.  He loves when anyone plays instruments, or claps, or dances around.

 Trying kiwi for the first time -
He loved it!

At Caleb's Drive-In

Messy PB&J face
"I will eat it all in one bite!"

No comments:

Post a Comment