Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy and New

And so the new year begins (or has been going on for half of January already!), and I realize that I haven't been posting nearly as much as I would like to.  I mean, FB status updates and photos are okay, but one cannot possibly know what is going on from that, can they?

I have felt challenged lately to remember why we are here.  I mean, why is anyone anywhere, right?  Wait, I'm not trying to get philosophically deep or anything.  I am simply trying to remind myself that God called us out of one land to bring us into another.  That is exactly what Deuteronomy 6:23 tells us. And God would not bring me into a land without a purpose.  Without getting deep into details, I know that a large part of why our family is here is to love on our family that lives in this lovely state.  It is such a privilege to have such wonderful in-laws.  I'm blessed to have this time for the boys to get to know them all - especially their cousins!  My cousins have always been so special to me, and I can't imagine raising my own kids without knowing all of their cousins!

So on those bad days, when the kids are sick, or I'm cranky because I stayed up too late on Pinterest, when it's raining out and Miles seems to have extra energy, or I planned to work out but the timing didn't allow it to happen... it's important for me to remember that we're here to do what God has called us to do.  And entering back into the place of purpose makes me happy.  Somehow, I go from being exhausted to invigorated (Jesus is so amazing!), from irritable to entertained, from lazy to loving.

*  *  *  *  *

So what is new with you this year?  There are lots of things I'd like to share for the month of January:

I love making pot pies!
And I make them pretty darn well, too...

I got my hair chopped!
It's an asymmetrical pixie with long bangs

Miles and Jasper are the best of friends

This five-month-old found his hands and feet!

BFFs

Jujubee can officially sit on his own!

"Look, even with my eyes closed!"

Fevers and head colds can't stop us!

We love Steak 'n Shake
(that's just a fact, it's not new)


Hmm... let's see, what else can I share about?

Bubbas
  • Miles and I started fiddling around with the keyboard
    • He mostly has me play "Changes" by David Bowie, and "This is Halloween"
  • His imagination truly impresses me... he defs gets it from his Dada
    • Seriously, I can take his toys away, and he'll play with his hands
      • "Oh, hi, how are you?"  "I'm good, let's go hide over here!"
  • He loves Jasper - people ask if he gets jealous... not really, he wants to pay more attention to Jasper if someone else is!
  • I love that Miles' sense of humor is developing.  We were cracking up at a Tom & Jerry cartoon yesterday
  • He is able to express really complex ideas
    • He was playing with James, and at one point, the characters didn't interact the way he wanted them to, so the PNK girl from Monsters University started crying.  When Mike Wazowski (James) asked her what was wrong, Miles answered, "Oh, I was tryin' to go in der, then I got stuck, and said, 'Johnny, help me!' but Johnny no help me."
Jubbas
  • Jasper can turn from back to tummy and tummy to back
  • The boy is LOUD!
  • He loves his little exersaucer - especially to chew on stuff
  • He is an eagle eye - he can spot me from the next room!
  • Jas loves to laugh when he hears someone else laughing, especially Miles!
  • He is venturing into solid foods like a pro!  We're trying table food, so no rice cereal or strained peas for this kid!
    • This has made for some very interesting diaper changes... :P
  • I think we'll be starting him in the high chair at dinner time soon


This year is a year of destiny.  Pray for us as God reveals more of His plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment