Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 19, 2013

T'is the Season to Be...

Merry, right?  Well, I was curious about the definition of 'merry' because I wasn't really sure if that is what I've been feeling this Christmas season.


I'll admit, I've been going back and forth between merry-making and stress, wondering what we should spend, if we should spend... when reading this definition reminded me that Christmas is a time that should be "characterized by festivity and rejoicing..." but rejoicing in what?

Jesus came to this earth as a brand new baby boy, born in a humble stable, and kept hidden from the evil king Herod.  But His purpose didn't stop in the manger, as many of the songs might have us believe.  His life on this earth culminated at His death on a cross, and His resurrection to the right hand of the Father - SO THAT we, so that I, would be reconciled to God.

That is truly the only gift I need in this life, let alone during the Christmas season.

And it's offered to everyone.  God's true gift of grace is offered in His Son, and when I accepted Jesus' offer of salvation, I received the amazing gift of God's love and friendship.

*  *  *  *  *

This year, the holiday season has certainly been different.  And for me, as I'm sure it is for most, different can be... difficult.  Change is never easy, even when lovely people are involved in the process.  But there is so much to be thankful for, and that is what I would like to share in this post.

We got to cut down our own tree at the Fourakre Christmas Tree Farm right here in Hampton!  It was nice to support a local business, and Miles had a blast that day!  He loved running all around the Christmas tree forest - even though it was humid as all get out... you'll see his sweaty boy head in one of the pictures.

"Oh!  Da tree is crazy!"

mad face
... just for fun

And he's off!
Miles is that tiny blue blur in the distance

"Wow, he strong!"

I love being my boys' Momma!

"What are we doing here?"

"Oh, being adorable?  Check."


My two JBs

"Garfield, look over there."

The boys & Dada

Super sweaty boy

We'll take this one!

It's a cypress tree!

"You want to help me?  Okay, grab it buddy."

Hauling the tree to the front

We're home!

That Sunday, we met up with the fam at the Lenox Mall to ride the Pink Pig and visit with Santa.

In line for the Pink Pig
in Atlanta at Macy's

"What is this place?"

Sweet Olivia

Miles & Uncle Spencer

Jasper waking to this pink madness

Woo hoo!

I love pink...
... but this is pretty crazy

WHEE!

Miles getting ready to see the big man

"Um, Legos and cannee."

Minion-Santa hat

We got to partake in lots of fun Christmas activities:

Miles loves the snow globe Nativity

helping decorate at Ammy & Grandpa Dave's

"Uncle Scotty, who dat?"

Wearing Grandpa Dave's flip flops with socks

smooches at home

Our tree!

Four of my fave ornaments:
1. Peacock Sam & I picked out for our brunch table
2-4. Gifts from JB

Gingerbread houses
... and a hand trying to destroy & eat them

"Mista Gwinch!"

Happy four month old Jubs!

I do have SO much to be thankful for.  Writing this really did help, and I pray that you and yours remember what this season is about.  Whether you are giving a lot of presents or a few, whether they are hand made or store bought, God have His only Son...

Freely I have received such amazing love, freely I should give.  May your days be merry and bright!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE his mean face! Remember, gifts aren't about the price tag, it's the thought and the meaning behind it that matter most.

    ReplyDelete