Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 5, 2013

December Updates

Miles' Current Events:

  • Watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory again - returning to his first love!
    • It's actually really fun to go through this phase a second time because this boy loves candy. Also, he sings along with the songs, which is adorable. 
  • His sentences are becoming more complex and he is able to express himself really well:
    • "Momma, you like to go in da  woods with me?"
    • "Oh no, that's slippery! The floor is too slippery!" (Wearing his socks on the wood floor)
    • "Oh, look, the doggies are eatin' the noodles pasta!" (Lady and the Tramp is back in the rotation as well)
  • It being December now, we showed Miles The Nightmare Before Christmas, and he is so into it, even though it scares him.  (I think it all started with the song "This is Halloween" because it's his favorite from Just Dance 3)
  • He also enjoys watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and he makes me sing the Who song, even though I make up the words
  • He seriously makes me laugh all the time
    • F'rinstance:  At Cracker Barrel the other night, he kept calling Dan 'Daniel,' which is his name, but we don't call him that!
  • He loves to play - even if he has to make his own hands talk to each other, he will
  • Songs I hear him singing:
    • "Jesus Loves Me"
    • "Thumbkin"
    • "Royals" - Lorde
    • "Roar" - Katy Perry
    • "Yellow Submarine" - The Beatles
    • "Cheer Up Charlie"

 The Latest Jasper Updates:

  • He has grown out of his 3m clothes, but isn't quite big enough for 3-6m
  • He is ticklish, especially on his right ribs
  • He didn't like the bottle James tried to feed him
  • He definitely recognizes me with my glasses on
  • He is a drooly boy - it's like a waterfall (my Mom says that he gets it from me)
  • Sometimes, he will stop nursing to just look up and smile at me, sweet boy
  • He can roll from his belly to his back (both ways), and from his back to his side!!

Brown Fam Stuff:
We went to get our Christmas tree today!  There is a local tree farm that is just 2.5 miles down the road from us.  James snapped a lot of pictures, so I will post them soon.  The tree isn't decorated or anything yet, but we'll be working on that tomorrow, or Saturday, I'm sure.  I am excited to get the Christmas decorations out.

We don't have any travel plans for the holidays.  Of course, I wish we could see our family and friends in California at Christmas time. 

James has been playing lead guitar and singing with the worship band at church for the last few months, which has been great.  It gives me joy to see my hubs serving God this way.  He's just so good at it!  I'll admit, I wish I could be up there, too, but the logistics of having both of us involved would include some kind of childcare for the band practices during the week and before service, so it just gets complicated.  Maybe it'll work out someday.

I'm trying to get back into the habit of exercising regularly, but with two little ones, that is a challenge for me.  I still love doing Zumba, and would love your prayers regarding teaching again.  I'm just trying to find the balance, I suppose.



No comments:

Post a Comment