Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fam Bam

Jasper's already four weeks old today.

And since he was last weighed (last Friday - as in five days ago), he's gained 10 oz!  I'm hoping he will be a chunk of a baby.  That's my favorite.

I am so blessed to have family nearby - I wish they were just one town closer, like it was with our Riverside house, and the Mendoza house, but it's great to know that Miles and Jas will get to know his cousins.  Jasper met his Auntie Sara, Uncle Spencer, cousins Naomie & Olivia, Grams (his great-g-ma), and puppy friends when he was only three days old!  Uncle Scotty had to work, so they haven't met yet.  We all went over to pick up Miles, who wanted to hold his "Baby Ja'per."

"Um, he cryin.  Shh, shh.  It's okay."

Jas & Olivia

Jasper & Naomie

Then the very next day, Mom & Matthew flew into town!  James picked them up from the airport - along with our new (to us) double stroller from Sarita & fam!  Everyone walked into the house as  Miles and I were heading downstairs, so it was perfect timing!  Of course, Mom and I were crying (Matthew was teasing me about it later - Mark told him to take a video...), just so happy to be together again!  Miles was so excited to have visitors, especially his Nona and his Tito Maffew.  Jubs was in his swing downstairs, so he got to meet them right after they came in.  James and Mom went right back out to grab breakfast from McDonalds since they got in super early (it was 6:30 our time, so 3:30AM California time) and everyone was hungry.  We had such a wonderful, relaxing time together.  It was wonderful to have help with Miles, to eat my Mom's cooking, and just to have the support of my fam bam for two weeks!  We even got some sight-seeing in while they were here.  Two weeks seemed so short - and Mom left a few days before Matthew did to attend a wedding.

I'm just so thankful that we got to spend that much time together, especially with Jasper being so new!  Even though my Mom wasn't there in the delivery room this time (which, consequently was our bedroom - ha!), she still got to see baby as a very new newborn.

We sure had a time trying to get a mini-van.  Apparently, if you don't pick your rental car from the airport, Enterprise wants a bunch of documents proving you live in the area.  But why would I rent a car for the weekend if I lived in the area?  It was so weird.  It took three tries before we finally got a car that would fit all six of us.  [sorry, rant over]

But it was probably for the best since I, you know, had just given birth a few days before!!  Seriously though, it was lovely to be 'stuck' at home with my Mom and brother visiting.  I loved that they got to see Miles being his crazy self, and learn Jasper's sleep/wake schedule with me.  Matthew watched so many movies with Miles - several of them over and over again, especially Peter Pan.

It was really hard to say goodbye to them, and my heart hurts any time I wonder when I'll get to see them next (or Michelle, or Mark, or any of the rest of my lovely fam).  I seriously thank the Lord for the internet and cell phones.  They at least take the edge off of being so far away from everyone!  It's always cool to do a video chat, and see my Mom, sitting at the kitchen table in her usual spot, drinking her coffee, or Sophia hanging out in Michelle's room with Phillip.

*sigh*



On to the pictures!

Happy, sleepy, full-tummy baby

8/14
Jasper's first wash:
Hair, face, & neck over the sink...
... he didn't like it very much

He liked it when his head was warm

Friday, 8/16
(These photos are from my Mom's camera)
We finally got to Atlanta!

first stop, The Varsity for lunch

"Whattya have???"

Cheese!  Burger!

This little fool

Next stop, the Georgia Aquarium

"Aw, see Dory?"


Miles:  "Whatcha got there, Tito Maffew?"
Matthew:  "These are my Reese's Puffs..."

Out front with the dolphin statue

The dolphin show was Matthew's favorite.
You should ask him about it.

Saturday, 8/17
We had lunch at P'Cheen
Miles looks like he's up to something here.

Nice pose, JB

sibs!

Next tour:  Coca-Cola Museum!

Loved these giant bottles

Woo hoo!

"I can't see anything!"

Have a taste?

Nice pose, Bubbas... :P

"Luuk, over der!"

Who is this guy?  Matthew?

That night we grabbed dinner
at the City Cafe & Bakery

Miles had little wax strings to play with
"Tweest!  Tweest!"

Nona & Jubs

Fam!!
(I am so outnumbered...)

Pop-pop and the boys

Sunday 8/18
The next night we had Cracker Barrel for dinner
... for the second time!

"Sweet teas, all around."
No, not really.

I'm ordering the exact same thing as two nights ago!

"I'm crazy!"

Back home in his jammies
He almost doesn't fit in them already!

my littlest boy

Random things of note:

Miles-isms from the weeks Mom & Machu were here
  • "I wan I wan I wan chokwit milk."
  • "I wan watch Peter Peawn."
  • "I wan Nona stay."
  • "G'morning, Tito Maffew." - even if Matthew was asleep!
  • "Bewn bewn!" - like a laser gun
  • "Da-buh, da-wuh, a-dee-ah-wee-ah-ee-day..." - trying to sing "Following the Leader" from Peter Pan
  • "I wan play moto'cycle?"
  • "Dat my phone.  Oh, it chargin'."
  • "Oh no!  He bonk a head!"

Something Matthew never thought he'd hear Mom say:
"We need to go to Walmart and buy groceries."
Sibling Silliness
  • Matthew caught me laughing at myself because I was thinking about Mandy Moore
  • When nobody saw Matthew bonk his head on the lamp, but he told me about it anyway, and I totally laughed at him
It was so great to have them here.  I can't wait until we see each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment