Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 1, 2013

The Country is Wild


Hi.

I know it's been ages since I've posted, and dear friends that has been much harder on me than it has been on you.  JB and I have had a really hard time figuring out the internet situation, and the long and short of it is:  the best deal would've taken too long, therefore we switched cell providers and got iPhones.

It's so funny because James and I were those people who were so proud of our dumb phones, but this actually made a lot of sense.  And now, I have the means to stay connected and take pictures all with one handy device!

*  *  *  *

So updates:
God has taken the Browns and led them into the wilderness.  I mean, coming from being walking distance to Riverside Plaza with both Vons & Trader Joe's and a myriad of eateries to choose from...  to having to pack everyone up and drive 8 minutes to get to the Walmart - where we do our grocery, home, and convenience shopping - is akin to manna from Heaven and water from a rock.  It doesn't get more country than, "I'll fix you some Sunbeam bread, but we're out of butter unless you want to run to the Walmart."  And let me tell you, country living is wild.

God is definitely providing.  I'll admit, I've made the 12 mile drive to the nearest Target, just to get a sense of my old normal, and having limited options of food and outings has caused all three of us to make adjustments.  But there is a closeness to the Lord that always happens when He allows your comforts to be stripped away.  James and I were laughing while we were praying the other day when he confessed, "God, there's something silly about the fact that not having internet has brought us to our knees before You..." But that's where we were!

Let's see... I wanted to address some of the common questions I got.

• Baby Peanut and I are doing well - 34 weeks now!
• Miles is having a blast and has adjusted to his big boy bed really well!
• Miles' cousins fight over who gets to hold him and play with him all the time - and he calls them "the goyulls"
• Yes, it's humid, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be - esp. with the luxury of Pop's A/C!!
• Things move much more slowly here, which has been good for me
• Southern Baptist church services are as awesome as I thought they would be
• On an unrelated note to the previous statement, we may have found a great home church to plug into :)

Miles cracking himself up with his bowler hat

"Play games?"
It's cardboard.

Dada's shoes: still a ways to go...

That's all for now, but defs more to come soon.

1 comment:

  1. yea!!! Keep the pictures and the posts coming!!! We miss you terribly! <3

    ReplyDelete