Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Birthday and Vacation

Well, I'm 31 years old now.  And to help me celebrate, Patricia came out to visit.  We were so excited to see each other for a few days that we forgot to take pictures!  It was really nice to have a great friend here to party with me, Georgia-style.  I picked her up from ATL, and we headed to the Highland Bakery and Cafe in Atlanta.  It was delicious!  Then we browsed some shops in the Little Five Points part of town, but most of them were just overpriced vintage stores that grab things off of Goodwill's rack and then mark up the prices without cleaning anything!  Still, it was great to look around and feel 90s nostalgia, since that's what occupies a lot of 'vintage' shop racks.

After that, we went to Macy's in the mall to pick up a few maternity items, and headed home.  We mostly hung out around the house, and relaxed, staying in from the humidity and heat.  We went out to eat, and played blocks with Miles.  On my actual birthday, James presented me with some lovely luggage!  I'm more prepared than ever for more adventure!

My beautiful luggage from JB!

My stowaway...


For dinner that night, we went to a restaurant in Fayetteville that has a lovely menu, and a section with authentic German fare.  My favorite part was getting free dessert because our order didn't go through properly!  The cannoli was amazing...  The next night, we ate Mediterranean food that Patricia prepared from scratch - so healthy, and so delicious!  I loved the Israeli salad with cucumber, tomatoes, onions, and feta.  Oh, and the hummus was perfect - all of the garlic and onions made it spicy and flavorful!!

The feast!

We said our goodbyes on Friday, and finally took a picture together...

Bests!!!

Other Updates:
Most everyone on FB has seen this one...

On our way to Destin, FL with the fam

White, sugary sand at the Gulf coast

It's perfect for building sand castles!

I really liked floating in the pool and making iced coffee

Miles loved his Hulk toy from Ammy

Sleepy night-night boy.

On our date night at Sushimoto - fabulous!

JB at the Butterfly House in Navarre, FL

I took these!

Lunch at Whattabuger - 
Reminded me of a SoCal flat burger.  Yum!

The Florida coastline

Feeding gators at Fudpucker's

Miles and Olivia with a shark

Bubbas and the goyulls (girls)
plus one large gator

"Momma, lemme see that phone."

Miles loved the ocean - if I had let him, he probably would've kept running into it and become a fish!  That boy has no fear.  I was having a hard time keeping up with him because of my preggo belly, but with everyone helping, it was great.  He did really well on the drive out there and back - which totaled six hours each way with a one hour time change!  I feel so blessed to have a kiddo who has come so far - I remember when he was just a few months old, and driving from Riverside to L.A. was a nightmare! Of course, it helps that his Ammy and GrandDave have a DVD player in their minivan.  :)

Here are some more fun facts about Miles that you might like to know:
  • He will do just about anything to make you laugh
  • He's learned how to properly use the word "too" as in:
    • "Oh, Miles will sit down, too," or
    • "I like that one, too!"
  • His new favorite lullaby is The Enchanted Tiki Room song - I don't find it soothing, but he's constantly requesting it... that or "It's a Small World After All"
  • He also loves Darius Rucker's "Wagon Wheel" and wants it to be on the radio when we're in the car
    • "More?  'Mama Wock Me' on da wadio?"
  • When I told him to make up a song about peanut butter, he was inspired by the Beatles,
    • "Yeah, yeah, peanut butter/ yeah, yeah, peanut butter!"
  • It's really fun to have conversations with him.  He mostly repeats what you say, but if you ask him about something he did that day, he can tell you all about it!
  • He LOVES robots.  There's this show from the 90s on HBO called "Crashbox" and it's just little riddles and stop-motion animation, but the in-between guys are robots, so he wants to watch it every chance he gets!
  • He used his potty today!
I can't believe how big this boy is getting, and I've heard that with the second baby being born, your first seems to grow up in an instant by comparison.  But he already seems so grown up.  Kids are geniuses - and Miles is no exception.  I mean, think about all they have to process and learn from ages zero to five!  I'll bet he's using more of his brain than I have in my entire adult life!  I love observing him when he's figuring something out, or when I realize he can combine complex ideas and express himself accordingly.  I love being his Momma.  I am so blessed!

Oh, and Peanut is estimated to be here in around SEVENTEEN DAYS!  AAAHHHH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment