Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 26, 2013

Disneyland, Round TWO

Since moving out of state is on the Browns' horizon, James and I decided that we should visit Disneyland once more before we leave.  It was so much fun to bring Miles there - he's seen so many of the classic Disney movies and cartoons now, and he recognized so many of the characters.



Guapo Boy

Playing on the fire truck

"When does the ice cream shop open?"

"Mmmm, popcorn!"

"Ooh, Beeky!"

"Pidoko, I don't know if you should trust a cricket..."

Here we go!

"Okay, what are we waiting for?"

This was James' attempt to take a picture
of Miles on the first ride of the day... Any guesses?

"I can get this sword out."

"Aw, forget the sword, I'mma ride the horsey."

Mr. Miles and his comrades, Toady and Mr. Rat

I had to chase Miles down after Mr. Toad's ride...
... it was pretty wild.

"Let me tell you what Toady just put me through!"

"Okay, what's next on our agenda?"

Daddy & Miles on the Dumbo ride
(Miles has the magic feather)

Scored some Mouseke-ears

"Spin, spin, spin!"
 
 "Don't look now, but that dude is photobombing us."

Tasty Mickey-shaped beignets

James was prompting Miles to 'look scared,'
but Miles liked the Haunted Mansion.
Ultimately, he just looked conflicted.

Okay, get ready for the picture in front
of It's a Small World...

"Oh, okay..."

"How's this?"

...

Last shot of the night

Miles did so well all day!  He powered through his nap - I figured he would - and didn't get cranky at all.  We went on13 rides, and visited 3 attractions (Sleeping Beauty's Castle, Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, King Arthur's Carrousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Mad Tea Party, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, the Enchanted Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Tarzan's Treehouse, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - twice! - and lastly, It's a Small World).  We ate lunch at the Village Haus, which was awful because they messed up our order, and for some reason, I didn't want to switch my veggie burger for the cheeseburger I had wanted - big mistake!  At least they gave us an extra pizza... so I ate that instead.  But the Mickey Mouse beignets definitely helped - we only ordered three, but they gave us six!!  I really enjoyed eating those with my iced coffee and trying a sip of James' mint julep, while we listened to the Dixieland jazz band play.  Miles even got a blue beaded necklace from them!  He wore it diagonally over one arm.

As we were leaving the park, we decided to pick out a souvenir for Miles - he wanted everything, but finally settled on a three-car train with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy in their own cars.  Mickey was the engineer, of course!  He fell fast asleep as we were leaving the park, and stayed asleep as James and I dined at El Torito.  It was so much fun, and I know Miles had a great experience.  He sings, "Yo ho, apahdahbahdah meeee!" all the time - and he loves looking at the pictures and videos we took.  I don't know if I'd do an all day visit to a theme park while pregnant ever again, but I didn't mind it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment