Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Autumn | Projects & Pictures

It's been six months into this foray of being a full-time stay-at-home-Mom, and I have to say, I love it!  This has been an amazing experience already, watching Miles learn and grow, and being a part of so many milestones along the way.  It also gives me ample time to keep the house up (although, I don't always use that time for cleaning), and create lovely things that I didn't take the time for when I was working.

I will definitely miss Miles' nap time when he grows out of it.

But, as it still exists, I will do what I can to utilize it to the fullest.  That probably means I shouldn't spend time scrolling endlessly on tumblr or pinterest, but that's neither here nor there.  I am happy to say that I have created quite a few things when I'm not being lazy or actually doing my chores.

I crocheted some leg warmers for some of my dear friends that have little girls right around Miles' age.  He was the oldest baby born in 2011, and so many of my close friends had girls later that year.  Then my bestie, Sam, had her baby girl in April 2012.  I was trying to make some leg warmers for one of the one-year-olds I know, but they were way too small, so they ended up being for Olivia.  I got home, and started to work on some more.  We'll have to see if they fit, and then I'll get some pictures of them up.

Right before my birthday party in July, I created one of my pinterest ideas:  A family calendar that is dry-erase.  I don't remember if I already posted about it, but here's another photo.


This was an oversized tee upcycle


But this next project I created was inspired by this blogger.  I have a dear friend whose son's room is a vintage travel theme, and I pinned this idea long before I thought I'd have time to actually make it.  But then I finally realized I had plenty of time to create this craft!  So I took felt that I had in my sewing box, and created a hot air balloon mobile.  I am so pleased with how it turned out!



Last but not least, I wanted to upload some of Bubs' Autumn photos.  We were on our way out - to church or somewhere - when I realized I loved his outfit so much that I had to have an impromptu photo sesh.  (The flannel shirt was a gift from Clarissa!)

"I have two sticks."

My handsome boy.

His eyelashes!!  I'm jealous.

"Why haven't my lemon trees given me any lemons?"

"I'm saying 'cheese,' Mom!"



Miles continues to impress me with his skills.  He talks using complete sentences --- however, the words aren't always English.  He climbed a two-rung ladder today at the park, and ventures off of the slides on his own.  I love his curiosity and ability to try new things.

I just buzzed his hair off yesterday at my Mom's place, so his Thanksgiving pictures will definitely reflect his new haircut.  I wish I knew how to cut it into more of a style because I love his hair when it's longer, just not around the ears.

Anyway, I am continuing to work on my Zumba-teaching situation... I have a possible lead already, and I will keep you all informed about it if something wonderful comes of it.


Oh, and here's one more picture at our friends' place.
He was trying to dress up like a snowman,
but ended up looking more like he was wearing a poncho.

No comments:

Post a Comment