Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Miracles & Adversity

So, in case you haven't heard or inferred it from my FB posts, I was blessed with an extremely unexpected surprise last week.  My dear friend Elise had been faithfully praying about a request I laid out during our women's retreat last spring.  We were challenged to look at Ephesians 3:20-21, and see what God had envisioned for us.


Now unto Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond anything that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

When it was my turn, I was asked, "What is 'way beyond your way beyond'?"  And my answer was something like, "Well, I would love to stay home full time with Miles.  But even beyond that?  I think it would be so much fun to teach a Zumba class."

After that dream had waxed and waned with the receipt and redesignation of our tax return, I stopped thinking about it really.  I tried to stay focused on the end of the school year, and the impending decision about staying home the next year.  And you know how that turned out!  Read about it here.)

All this to say:  Elise chose to obey God's lead and put it out to our church family to fund my Zumba certification.  She wrote a mass message to our friends on FB, and the response was overwhelming.  She said that in just over an hour, people had already contributed the amount - and then some!

So on Tuesday, September 11, at about 8:45PM, Elise came over with a present for me.

A super cute transparent pail that reads:
Beyond...


... the...

... way...

... beyond

On the top was the unmistakeable
Zumba insignia

Inside, I saw neon gifts, and three envelopes.

Inside the big envelope was a personalized card...

Along with an incredibly encouraging note
was the verses I quoted above:  Ephesians 3:20-21

And under then envelope was a printout of
the nearest registration date, as well as the 
exact amount I needed to register.

Needless to say, I was moved to tears, and beyond (way, way, way beyond!) grateful. I am so blessed to have such an amazing church family.  I love that they recognized my dream, and wanted to make it happen.  It is so humbling, and lovely to be on the receiving end of this process.  Saturday the 6th is going to kick my butt - it's a one-day certification that lasts from 9:30-6:30!!  Whew!

I truly appreciate all the support and encouragement - and I will definitely need your continued prayers as my family and I continue to move forward where God leads!!  Woo hoo!!!!

In Christ,



No comments:

Post a Comment