Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 2, 2012

I'm, Like, Totally Thirty!

Shermer High Junior Prom
c/o '82
a.k.a.
Marilyn's Truly Outrageous 30th
Starring: Jem, Filipina-Style

I had the greatest time at my 30th birthday party.  If I had had more time and resources, my invitations totally would've looked like NES games.  Still, FB and evite did more than enough to get my friends and fam in the house.  Miles spent the night at Nona's house, and Ema came over early to start setting up decorations.  Matthew, Austin, and Ben came a little while later to help hang up the stars.  James had already set up the dance floor lighting, and my hair was JemStar huge!

My style icons:
Jem & Laura Charles

Our Prom Banner,
a la Ema

The silver tinsel reflecting the pink and purple
make me want to say:
"Show time, Synergy!"

Heather & Clarissa,
Cutie Nerd & Workout Fiend

The Guys

"How does this look?"

Prom Pictures
Indy, Pop Art Come to Life, Lane, & Jem
(complete with giant rocker hair, styled by Indiana Jones!)

Cyndi, Lane Meyer, and Rick

Snacks!

"Dumb boys never ask us to dance!"

Jem & Olivia Newton-John

Wendy's delish endive appetizers!

Yanick's lovely cheese plate presentation

Brad's new wave punk

"Wokwokwokwokwokwok"
(Thank you Em!  They were perfect!)

Preppy Yanick

Rocker Hottie Sam & Jem

Look out for Richie on the dance floor!

Ogre, hip-hop street performing Summer, and I

Adrienne & Brian M.

Olivia Newton-John II & Miami Vice
cutting a rug!

"I will toss my cave girl at least 50 foots."

Tennis Pro, mark

Preppy Don's drink & Mark+Corndog

Workin' it out!

Michael Jackson's "Beat It"

Streamers, Rick's noose of choice

Soul Train Photobomb

The fog machine + pink & blue lights = dance magic

Polariod of Miami Vice Matthew

Polaroid of Kelly Kapow(Em)ski

One scene of the infamous "Basketball Dance"

Sunday Morning Breakfast

My pink highlight!!

I SO want to get the pink highlights done.  If I had the money, I would've done it the next week, but instead, I just kept the extensions in.  I am so thankful that my friends and fam blessed me with such a fun party.  It wouldn't have been the same without each person there.  We defs missed Matt Hoop, the Carrascos, Fash, Brian, Jon & Marie, Dan & Athena, Laura & Davs, my Cal buddies, my sister, and all my other cousins that couldn't attend!  

Still, it was the perfect way to go out of my 20s:  Throwing the raddest theme party ever, and dancing the night away!  It just makes me think of Miles' memory verse, James 1:17 - Every good and perfect gift is from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment