Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Latest and Greatest


First, some videos:

This first one is a little long, and Miles is enjoying his dinner.
You can see our mess of unpacked stuff in the back.

October 25th, Miles isn't crawling yet,
but he gets around.


November 6th, Miles sitting up
and winning a wrestling match with Wall-E



So the latest:

* Miles loves trying new foods.  My favorite invention is this mesh fruit holder that lets Miles chomp on things like apple chunks, grapes, or watermelon without the hazard of choking.

* On Thursday, November 10, Miles figured out the crawling thing!  It has opened up a whole new world of possibilities for him.  He seriously saw, I mean really saw his bookshelf for the first time that night.  It's like he realized that he can reach his toys and books without our help.

* Miles has pulled up to stand by himself!  All it took was him wanting to be held, me putting him in his crib to put on the Moby Wrap, and then he simply rocked forward from sitting onto his knees, and next thing I saw was him standing up in his crib!!  We lowered his mattress on Friday, November 11.

* Miles attended his second wedding to celebrate Mr. & Mrs. David & Laura Hill on 11/11/11.  It was so sweet!

* We had our housewarming party on November 12.  It was a blast!  Our realtor and buddy, Scott Gieser, grilled carne asada, and my Mom & sister brought tons of yummy fixins, dessert, and more food!  And of course, I want to mention Tita Barbara who brough the delicious cheese & mushroom enchilada casserole ("Enchilasagna" to some).  We had a great turn out, and the rain didn't stop us from partying.  It filled me with joy to host so many people we love in our new home.  It definitely feels warmer... and cleaner!  I should just have people over to keep me accountable for cleaning up after myself.  Ha!  Pictures to come - I didn't take any, so I'll have to get some from one of our lovely guests.  :P

* Work is getting better - everyone that can, wants to help, and is helping me feel less overwhelmed.  I have a tendency to overcomplicate things, so it's streamlining time.  The one thing I don't want to do is spend too much time after school, which = less time with Miles in the afternoon and evening.  It's already difficult enough not being with him all day, but when I am obsessed with getting my walls perfect, or cleaning up the class, I'm not really accomplishing that much anyway.  Thank you for your prayers in this.  And keep praying for James.  His work switched his hours from starting at 5:30am to starting at 3:30am.  It's getting closer to 3rd shift, which would be really REALLY hard for us.  On the other hand, work is work, especially right now, and we are thankful for his job.


* One last picture of Miles holding a meeting with his Eric Carle plush toys:



Hugs and bugs! 

1 comment: