Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vacationing in Solvang, CA

James and I decided to use some of our Christmas money to get away for a couple of days, so we drove up to Solvang on Wednesday.  It was so fun, and traffic was surprisingly cooperative!  


Before we even checked in, we stopped at Pea Soup Andersen's in Buellton for a late lunch. Honestly, I wasn't too impressed.  The one thing I really, REALLY liked was the thick chocolate milkshake.  I would've been happy with two of those in lieu of the meal.  It wasn't bad, just nothing to write home about ("Dear Mom...").





And actually, thanks!! to Mom for letting us use two nights of her timeshare at the Worldmark hotel.  The stay was lovely, and we got into town just in time for the Wednesday Farmer's Market.


Solvang is just as quaint as I remember it.  It was James' first visit there, and probably only my second.  I love all the little shops, and the bakeries - oh they smell so good!


 Aebleskivers at Solvang Restaurant








I think one of my favorite things we did was James' suggestion to drive up to Nojoqui Falls.  It's in Solvang, just south of the main drag.  After parking, you walk a short 10 minute hike and there is a beautiful waterfall that made me sigh and contemplate God's wondrous hand.


The other favorite would HAVE to be the quick stop on our way out of town of Friday - at Ostrich Land, USA.  I think the video pretty much says it all:





After that, we went to have a late breakfast-for-lunch at Du-par's Bakery & Restaurant in Oxnard.  Oh man.  I would drive back in a heartbeat for short stack of their phenomenal hotcakes!!
The end!
Yum...

2 comments:

  1. I would be so scared of the ostrich!!!! James was so calm when he was feeding them!! haha. The pancakes look so YUMMY!!!!
    Love you guys!

    Christine Melendres

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Christine - It was CRAZY! I had a really good time, though. Feeding ostriches is certainly... different. :) Oh, and the pancakes were amazing!

    ReplyDelete