Background

Pages

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 27, 2010

Introducing: Baby Brown

Gosh, how do I start?

August 8, 2010

Well, I think the best place to start is when I first discovered I was pregnant.  It was the Sunday before the school year started, and I had an inkling that I might be expecting.  James & I had been discussing starting a family for a few months already, and we decided it was time almost 4 weeks before I found out.

It happened to be a Sunday that I was not playing on the worship team at CBCMV, so I had time to stop for a pregnancy test on the way home after first service.  I had to reassure myself that, regardless of the results, our family planning was in God's hands (and still is!), so I would be joyful either way.

Of course, we all know how that one turned out:


After jumping up and down and screaming with joy for about 5 minutes straight, I decided that I had to *quickly* figure out a cute way to tell James when he got home.  And let me tell you, the internet is a vast wasteland when it comes to inspiration and looking for good ideas.  After a fruitless 15 minutes of clicking and sighing with disappointment, I abandoned the search engines and decided to think of my own way to tell James that he was a Father-to-Be.


In the freezer, we had some Rhodes cinnamon rolls - they are so tasty! - and threw them in the oven to thaw.  I also took pictures of the pregnancy test because I thought that saving it was a little... weird.  Right before James came home, I also put on Fantastic Mr. Fox because right in the beginning scene, when they get caught in the fox trap, Mrs. Fox tells Mr. Fox,

"I'm pregnant."



and I wanted that moment to be hanging in the air before I told James anything.  He got home, and we sat and watched the movie before discussing what we might have for lunch that day.  Instead, I told him to look in the kitchen to see what was on the menu.


He read the menu out loud, saying, " 'A bun in the oven.'  Aw, that's cute."  And after a pause, I'm pretty sure he turned to me and said, "Dude, are you pregnant?!"  I was already tearing up when I ran over to hug him saying, "Yes!".  It was so sweet; I genuinely love how James called me 'Dude' again - he said that when he proposed, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment